1. Stone Creations. takes its obligations to protect your personal data very seriously and has taken steps to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and all related regulations ("the Act").
2. This Policy sets out the principles governing our use of your Personal Data. In buying the products available on our website and by using the site generally, you agree to the principles set out below.
What Personal Data do we collect and why?
3. When you use the site, we will ask you to provide certain data, such as your contact details and demographic information. We may supplement the information that you provide with information we receive from our Service Providers and/or other third parties.
4. The principal purposes for which we process and store your Personal Data are - to speed up the buying process (for example, by collecting personal details we can partially prepare new purchase requests and other forms on the Site saving you time in filling in those details); - to monitor, improve and administer the Site and the services provided on the Site; - to enable us to conduct surveys and aggregate user profiles; - to provide you with information on selected products that you have asked for or which we think may be of interest to you (unless you have asked us not to do so); Further details of the purposes are set out in our Data Protection registration which can be viewed on the Information Commissioner's web site at http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk
Security of your Personal Data
8. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data including the use of encryption technology, but cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent or in wilful default.
Communications between us
9. In the case of communications by e-mail you should note that as e-mails are not currently encrypted (and may therefore be intercepted by third parties) and as the identity of the sender cannot be confirmed you must NOT provide your security details by e-mail and should avoid providing any Personal Data to us by e-mail. We will not provide Personal Data to you by e-mail. When you use the site, we will ask you to provide certain data, such as your contact details and demographic information. We may supplement the information that you provide with information we receive from our Service Providers and/or other third parties.
10. In the event that you wish to see a copy of your Personal Data held by us please write to: The Data Protection Officer [email protected].
11. We will amend or delete any Personal Data relating to you which is found to be incorrect or not relevant in accordance with the Act. If you are aware of any changes that should be made to your Personal Data please notify us on [email protected] as soon as possible.